During the pregnancy, especially in its late terms, hair frequently pleases woman by getting strong and shining. It is promoted by saturating the organism with vitamins, nutrients; as well as by favorable hormone background. In return, in three or four months after delivery the opposite process can be observed: hair is being lost; it suffers from fragility and looks lackluster. Do not get into panic! Your hair will re-acquire its beauty very soon, but it certainly needs to be assisted.“Thin” life of a hair.
On the average, an individual looses 60-80 hairs every day. Simultaneously, the same quantity of hair rises up to replace the lost ones. In the mean, a hair gains 2.5-3 inch of length every month. As soon as a new hair has been generated in a bulb, the old one comes out. What do we know about our hair?
• Women’s hair lives up to ten years, and men’s only… 3 years. • Blondes have the thickest hair – 140 thousand hairs, brunettes have 102 thousand, brown-haired – 109 thousand, red-haired – 88 thousand. • Hair thickness is influenced by nationality and residence. Natives of south are known to have more marked scalp than northerners. • In day time hair grows faster than at night. • In spring-summer period hair growth is more active than in autumn and winter. • Velocity of hair growing depends on age. The most active growing takes place between 15 and 30 years old, and it significantly slows down by 40. Business ladies are in danger.
Unfortunately, not everyone affords bragging about splendid hair in modern life conditions. According to WHO data, in Europe, by 2010 seventy percent of males and ten percent of females will have been in jeopardy of getting bald. Yes, that is such a ”merry” statistics. First of all, ladies, managers and businesswomen, get into the group of risk. The point is that women’s blood with strong temper contains superfluity of male hormone testosterone, which contributes to “business” baldness. Why do we shed hair?
When hair skin and blood circulation conditions are in normal, there is no excessive hair loss. Abrupt hairloss might be caused by:
• Reduction estrogen quantity (female sex hormone) after pregnancy, delivery • Taking some contraceptives, which contain matters, raising level of androgen in blood. • Bad blood circulation. • Lack of hair nutrition. • Operations with use of general anesthetic, contagious diseases of scalp. • Excessive hair grease • Deficient food (lack of vitamins and microelements). • Stress • Regular lack of sleep Young mother may have several reasons of hairloss from the ones stated above: from hormone problems to the problems with sleep – you see, not every baby will sleep 5-6 hour, starting exactly from the first months of his life, especially if he has non-scheduled feeding and is nursed on request. It is important to point out that there is no reason for panic anyway, because on the average hair loss stops in 4-6 months along with hormone reorganization of entire organism. The question is how much hair you might lose. Intense loss and thinning out of hair can be prevented by proper care, which also contributes to rehabilitating the damaged hair and scalp. Method of maintaining your hair.
To tell the truth, here you won’t find any advice like “you shouldn’t sleep less than 8 hours a day”, or “forget about stress and always keep calm”. I say that sufficient sleep and peace of mind are almost unique phenomenon for a young mother. One more obstacle is permanent lack of time for your personal needs. Therefore, try not to refuse help from your relatives: it’s good if someone of them could look after your baby for 15-20 minutes while you are taking care of yourself. One of my friends is confessing: In four month after delivery hair loss started. During the next three months I might have lost a thirty percent of my hair, and it obviously got thin. But if there were no lack of time to care of myself all at once I wouldn’t have lost so much hair. At first, getting tired, I settled on opportunity of taking a nap for odd half an hour instead of going to do something. Having sounded the alarm, I made a start on trying some tried remedies for hair treating. Subsequently the process slowed down; less and less hair remained on the brush. In two more months I noticed that my hair was gradually being back to normal. My husband and mother helped me steal the time for my own sake and I am very grateful to them.
So then, try one of following effective methods of struggling against hair loss:
1. Apply steamed rye bread on wet hair, gently rub it into the skin and muffle up the head. In half an hour, massaging the scalp and rubbing the hair, wash out the bread and rinse the hair with one of grassy decoctions, for instance, infusion of nettle or rosemary. 2. Massaging head skin, rub yolk into the wet hair. Muffle up the head and in 30 minutes wash your hair, as if you are washing it with ordinary shampoo. 3. You might wash the hair with warm milky whey, properly rubbing it into the scalp. Wrap up the head for half an hour, and then thoroughly rinse it with warm decoction or extract of herb in accordance with following recipes:
• Prepare the decoction of honey suckle stems (6 tablespoons per 1 liter of water, boil it for 10 minutes, then infuse for 30 minutes and strain) and apply it to wash your hair in case of hair shedding. Do it every other day during three weeks. • In German folk medicine, the tincture of nasturtium and nettle leaves is used for rubbing into the skin in case of hair loss. • Take 20 gr. of flag roots, 20 gr. of burdock’s roots, 25 gr. of nettle’s leaves, 10 gr. of calendula flowers and boil it in 1 liter of water during 5 minutes on a little fire. The decoction is supposed to be drawn in a warm place for 2 hours. Having strained it, apply the decoction for greasing the hair and light massaging, washing the hair in advance. Reiterate the procedure 5-6 times a month. • Another effective mean to prevent hairloss is washing the hair with the decoction of flag root and burdock roots, applied 3 times a week during a month. To make up a prescription, take 2 tablespoons of both kinds of roots and add twain handfuls of hop cones. Then saturate it with 1 liter of boiling water, keep boiling for 5 minutes and infuse. • Take 3 tablespoons of nettle and coltsfoot leaves each, brew them with 3.8 galloon of boiling water and strain the infusion after hour-long drawing. Wash your hair three times a week, massaging the scalp. • If you have nothing garlic smell, try to rub garlic sap, mixed with honey in 1:2 proportion, into the scalp. Conduct the procedure every other day during a month. As the conclusion of the procedure thoroughly rinse the hair with one of the grass infusion with deodorant qualities, such as rosemary. There are some more recipes
, found on the Internet:• Conduct a course of hair treatment composed of ten procedures: once a week it is necessary to apply a mask containing yolk, 6 drops of appropriate for you oil and 1 ml. of vegetable oil. Volatile oils of jojoba or avocado are more preferable. Chamomile, rosemary, sage, lemon, ylang-ylang, clary, lavender are volatile oils, frequently applied for treating of hair loss as well. Oil of manuka jojoba is used against dandruff. Failing jojoba, it might be substituted for another one. The mixture should be evenly applied along the hair. Then cover your head with a cap, wait for 40-90 minutes and wash the head. • If you don’t have allergy for onion, proportionally mix onion sap and honey, and rub the mixture into the scalp 30 minutes before washing. It is obligatory to use after wash balms and brush the hair very carefully. To provide stronger hair growth you may make a shorter haircut. • One more “onion” recipe: add onion peel to the decoction of oak rind. Boil for 5 minutes. This recipe is useful for greasy hair especially. • With massaging motions, keep rubbing the fine salt into the skin of your head during 2-3 minutes, then wash the hair with shampoo. Some more ways to help hair.
• In post-natal period take multivitamins for nursing mothers • Limit salty, smoked and marinated food. This recommendation will easier be kept by breast-feeding mothers: this is an anti-allergic diet for nursing mothers. • Use fan as rarely as possible – hot stream bereave hair of moisture and makes it fragile. You’d better make towel- turban and let the hair get dry naturally. • Change your hairbrushes more frequently; micro fissures on them are niches for reproduction of skin-damaging microbes. I sincerely hope that my article will help you keep the beauty of your hair after delivery. Written by Trisha WoodSubmitted by Trisha Wood
#beauty, #hairstyles, #hair, #styles, #haircuts, #cuts, #hair-do, #hairdo, #tips, #split, #ends, #fashion, #events, #prom, #homecoming, #men, #2006, #black, #short, #wedding, #hairs